Why Choose Bolttech Mannings For Your Next Hot Tap Project?
Customized hot tap design, manufacturing and specialized tooling
Successfully executed over 4,000 in-service Hot tap projects
Operating pressure up to 5,000 PSI and temperatures up to 700°F
Highly trained and qualified personnel available 24/7
Exceptional safety record and quality control program
Bolttech Mannings’ hot taping systems are the preferred procedure for branch connections and tie-ins to in-service pipe systems, tanks and pressure vessels. With systems for pressures up to 5,000 PSI, our hot taps deliver a safe and cost-effective alternative to cold cutting, eliminating any service disruptions during plant and pipeline modifications, expansions or routine maintenance.
- Environmentally Safe – avoids the risk of spillage or gas venting.
- No service disruptions and customer inconvenience
- Cost-effective – less than the total cost of a cold connection
- No loss of production or sales
- Hot taps range from ¼ in through 48 in outlet size with pressures up to 5,000 psi (35,000 kPa) at 700°F
- Hot taps can be utilized on a variety of pipe systems, which include steel, cast iron, concrete, stainless steel, ductile iron and plastic
- Hot taps can be performed on a variety of systems containing oil, sour gas, sweet gas, wastewater, drinking water, steam, etc.
Range/ Diverse Experience
Extended Reach Hot Tapping System
An innovation to hot tapping, and exclusive to Bolttech Mannings, our Extended Reach Hot Tapping System™ developed in 1999, involves locating the hot tap valve above ground. This is used on branch connections when access is required to the hot tap valve.
- Keeps hot tap valves above ground
- Highly effective on sour service applications where immediate response to leak detection is essential
- Environmentally safe solution – no buried flange connection required
- Accessible up to 25 ft of vertical reach from the main line and branch lines of up to 16 in in diameter
- Up to 5,000 psi (35,000 kPa) of operating pressure
- Appropriate for temperatures up to 700°F
No Weld Hot Tap (Fastening Tee)
A bolt-on hot tap tool for high-pressure piping systems. The Fastening Tee was specially designed to tap into high-pressured piping systems without the need for welding.
- Removal of hydrate plugs or wax plugs in pipelines
- Pipeline abandonment to confirm line is depressurized
- Relief of trapped pressure in Drill Pipe and Coil Tubing
- Temporary connections to piping
- No welding required
- Excellent for temporary connections to piping
- Cost effective
- Materials meet NACE MR0175 requirements
- Pressures up to 10,000 psi (69,000 kPa)
- Designed for sizes from 2 in through 16 in
45-degree Hot Tap
- First of its kind
- Service challenging angles with space restraints
Full Service Offering from Bolttech Mannings:
- Customized hot tap design
- Specialized tooling
- Metallurgical & mechanical design
- In-service weld procedures & welders
- NDT (non-destructive testing)
- Quality control documentation
- HAZOPS & permit administration